The Christmas Redwork project almost didn’t get finished this season. It seemed like the days just flew by and I didn’t get a lot of stitching done each week. Progress was made, but just not quickly.
Last weekend, stitching resumed in earnest until the redwork was done. I wanted to add some beads to dress it up a bit as well.
Small round seed beads were added to the little designs at the bottom.
Red bugle beads enhance Santa’s hat, and seed beads make the eyes shine.
Bugle beads put some sparkle in the candy cane stripes.
I put some on the ‘J’ in Jingle too, as it was kind of candy cane inspired too.
The reindeer eyes, bird eye and teddy bear eyes are all seed beads too.
Taking it to the ironing board, it needed pressing and blocking because of the long time it took to get it stitched. The hoop creases were a bit difficult to remove, needing quite a bit of steam and Best Press, and going over several times.
As I usually do, I pressed fusible interfacing to the backside to lock the stitches down.
It wasn’t until now that it became clear that the right side wasn’t straight. Oh, well, too late to take it out and do over. Let’s just say it gives the piece some charm. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Auditioning fabrics, I wanted to turn this piece into a pillow.
This combination looked the best. I needed two fabrics for the idea I had in mind.
The poinsettia fabric became the border.
I made piping from the accent burgundy print.
I finished it off and stuffed it, placing it on the sofa in the den. I do like the finished project, and I’m delighted that it got done in time for this season.
The pillow blends well with the Christmas Trip Around the World quilt, and cuddles well next to the fireplace. Merry Christmas, hope you are enjoying this long holiday weekend!
Sharing – Slow Sunday Stitching