Going through the scrap pile to make order out of chaos, I found a good number of half square triangles I could use in a project. Remember this mess? There were a lot more half square triangles in that pile than I remembered ever having.
I pulled them all out, and squared them all to the same size. I found a group with all the same light fabric, so I pulled those out first.
Then, I started playing around with laying them out to see what would happen. The diamond shape was pretty easy to get, and I remembered seeing a quilt somewhere, at a show or on the internet, of an offset diamond that runs off the edge. So I tried that.
Yes, I like that! But I knew with a limited number of prints, it would be important to keep them all straight. I don’t have any more to of that background print to make more HSTs, or at least I don’t think I do, LOL!! I started by sewing each row independently.
Then I numbered the rows with little bits of paper held on with a pin on the left side of each row.
Then I pressed all the even rows one way and the odd rows the other so the seams would nest.
Here it is so far, I need to look at some borders now to make it lap size for a charity quilt.
I think I have enough HSTs that I found while pressing to get one more row too. So we will call this a work in progress, more later! See the finish HERE.